Job ID 44942
- Offered Salary 0
- Career Level Entry level
- Experience 2 Years
- Gender All
- Qualifications Bachelor Degree
- Language Requirement English
- Region Asia Pacific
- Other Classifications SaaS
- Remote No
- Relocation No
Our Vision & Mission
For the last 100 years, companies have operated primarily under a product-centric business model, where the goal was to make, ship, and sell more units. Today, there’s a demand to have products and services delivered on a continual, subscription basis; to upgrade and access new innovations and features constantly. This is the end of ownership and it changes everything. Our vision is “The World Subscribed” where one day every company will be a part of the Subscription Economy® (a phrase coined by our CEO, Tien Tzuo).
Zuora’s leading, cloud-based software solution automates all subscription order-to-revenue operations in real-time for any business. Companies in any industry can launch new businesses, shift products to subscription, implement new pay-as-you-go pricing and packaging models, gain new insights into subscriber behavior, and disrupt market segments to gain competitive advantage.
Team & Role
Our growth story is only just beginning and our Technical Documentation team is pivotal in ensuring the success of our customers. We’re looking for an excellent writer to join our team in Beijing. This is a wide-ranging role, with fantastic opportunities to shape the way that documentation is produced and delivered at Zuora.
You’re a great fit for this role if you love figuring out how things work, have a passion for technology, and are able to turn complex ideas into simple instructions and conceptual content. At Zuora, you will be the CEO aka “ZEO” of your work and career – owning the entire lifecycle of user and developer documentation for your areas of expertise.
What you’ll do & achieve:
- Research, write, and maintain high-quality online documentation
- Become an expert on Zuora’s products from both a technical and business standpoint
- Work independently and manage your own projects while building relationships across Zuora
- Collaborate closely with product managers, software engineers, customer support agents, and other technical writers
- Articulate the documentation needs of our customers, strategic partners, and internal users
- Lead initiatives to enhance the effectiveness and influence of the Technical Documentation team
What you’ll need to be successful:
- 3+ years of technical writing experience. We will also consider related experience
- Excellent spoken and written English. All of our documentation is written in English
- Great project management skills and knowledge of technical writing best practices
- The ability to manage competing priorities in a fast-paced environment
- A passion for technology and a desire to learn. You will learn something new every day!
It would be a bonus if you have:
- A strong technical background, such as a degree in Computer Science or a related subject
- Knowledge of billing, payments, finance, accounting, or another business function
- Experience using web authoring tools and content management systems
- Experience with the Agile software development process
- Experience or interest in developer docs, especially using and documenting REST APIs
- Experience or interest in UX writing, information architecture, content strategy, or design
Zuora provides the leading cloud-based subscription management platform that functions as a system of record for subscription businesses across all industries. Powering the Subscription Economy®, the Zuora platform was architected specifically for dynamic, recurring subscription business models and acts as an intelligent subscription management hub that automates and orchestrates the entire subscription order-to-cash process, including billing and revenue recognition.
At Zuora, every employee is the CEO of their career and leading our mission are over 1,200 passionate and innovative ZEOs who value freedom, responsibility and accountability in equal measure because they have the capacity to make shift happen. Our culture isn’t an empty branding effort – our ZEOs love working here and it shows in our rating on Glassdoor. We take it very seriously. We encourage our employees to be curious, creative, and stay focused on our shared mission of enabling our customers to be successful.
Zuora serves more than 1,000 companies around the world, including Box, Komatsu, Rogers, Schneider Electric, Xplornet and Zendesk. Headquartered in Silicon Valley, Zuora also operates offices in Atlanta, Boston, Frisco, Denver, San Francisco, London, Paris, Beijing, Sydney, Chennai and Tokyo.
At Zuora, different perspectives, experiences and contributions matter. Everyone counts. Zuora is proud to be an equal opportunity employer committed to creating an inclusive environment for all.