|About this job:||Individual Responsibilities:|
- Project lead and management for assigned big and small-scale events, incl. General Meeting, Chamber Meetings, workshops, roundtables, hybrid and virtual events, forums, Stammtische, etc.
- Project planning for assigned event projects: definition of milestones, budgeting and financial forecasting, leadership for the events team through task distribution and follow-up with team members, on-site supervision of events, quality control
- Relationship management: Contracting negotiations, briefing, on-site follow-up, and de-briefing with event stakeholders such as venues, catering, and other suppliers. Acquisition of speakers and sponsors. Content communication with event facilitators and speakers.
- Event promotion and invitation management, including event communication through various channels (e.g. newsletter, website, social media), content development, preparation and quality check, design, and artwork, etc., event registration.
- Internal reporting: project status updates, project statistics, KPI, financial forecasting and review, etc.
- Event scheduling, including developing and updating the yearly event and topic planning in close cooperation with the event team
- Development of new event formats and definition of new event topics, based on a collection of information, industry insights, and updates
- Assure that issues are handled within the shortest possible timeframe by following the guidelines of the office management and acting on own initiative to achieve the best results
- The most important aims are to position the German Chamber in the Chinese and German market as an important partner for foreign companies in China, to develop business and take care of and retain existing members as well as to increase the number of new members and to promote the Chamber image.
- Build and maintain close coordination with other internal departments of the German Chamber Network (AHK) and (potential) external partners to find synergies and cooperation opportunities. This requires diplomatic sensitivity when handling members, partners and when interacting with official departments.
- Support for reporting to Chamber management and Board of Directors
- Constantly improve processes and services for the members of the Chamber
- Act as project lead and support the team for ad-hoc projects as needed
- Support other German Chamber projects and the team as needed.
- University degree in related field
- Fluent in Chinese and English. German is a plus.
- Strong organizational and project management skills to handle complex projects and several projects simultaneously.
- Responsible and reliable, with the ability to work independently to achieve individual tasks.
- Strong team working spirit to cooperate with the project management team to meet deadlines and targets.
- Ability to work in a high-stress environment with strict deadlines.
- Flexible, self-motivated, and reliable, with problem-solving ability, a strong sense of responsibility.
- Very good communication and social skills, such as diplomatic sensitiveness, intercultural and social competency.
- Ability to speak and present in front of large groups with high confidence
- Ability to communicate at all levels, especially senior levels of organizations
- Ability to develop ideas and suggestions for improvements of the work of the German Chamber.
- Flexibility and willingness to work outside regular working hours at events.