|About Company:||The German Chamber of Commerce in China / Shanghai (GCC Shanghai) is the representative organization for German companies in Shanghai and the provinces of Jiangsu, Zhejiang, Anhui, Shandong, Henan and Hubei. As part of the worldwide German Chamber network, the mission of the GCC Shanghai is to promote economic ties between the Federal Republic of Germany and the People’s Republic of China with a special focus on its geographical area. With more than 1500 member companies, the GCC Shanghai provides a forum for its members and advocates member interests with relevant organizations. The GCC Shanghai, together with the Delegation of German Industry & Commerce and the German Industry & Commerce are the overall platform for Sino-German trade and industry promotion in East China.|
|About this job:|
- Project lead and management for assigned big and small-scale events, incl. General Meeting, Chamber Meetings, workshops, roundtables, hybrid and virtual events, forums, Stammtische, etc.
- Project planning for assigned event projects: definition of milestones, budgeting and financial forecasting, leadership for the events team through task distribution and follow-up with team members, on-site supervision of events, quality control
- Relationship management: Contracting negotiations, briefing, on-site follow-up, and de-briefing with event stakeholders such as venues, catering, and other suppliers. Acquisition of speakers and sponsors. Content communication with event facilitators and speakers.
- Event promotion and invitation management through various channels (e.g. newsletter, website, social media), content development, preparation and quality check, design, and artwork, etc., event registration.
- Event scheduling: develop and update the yearly event and topic in close cooperation with the event team
- Internal reporting: project status updates, project statistics, KPI, financial forecasting and review, etc.
- Development of new event formats and definition of new event topics, based on a collection of information, industry insights, and updates
- University degree in related field
- Fluent in Chinese and English. German is a plus.
- Strong organizational and project management skills to handle complex projects and several projects simultaneously.
- Responsible and reliable, with the ability to work independently to achieve individual tasks.
- Strong team working spirit to cooperate with the project management team to meet deadlines and targets.
- Flexible, self-motivated, and reliable, with problem-solving ability, a strong sense of responsibility.
- Very good communication and social skills, such as diplomatic sensitiveness, intercultural and social competency.
- Ability to speak and present in front of large groups with high confidence
- Ability to develop ideas and suggestions for improvements of the work of the German Chamber.
- Flexibility and willingness to work outside regular working hours at events.