The EU SME Centre is now looking for a project assistant intern, to work in our office in Beijing, Sanlitun.
As an intern at the EU SME Centre, you will be part of a small multicultural team of 6-7 people, providing support to the Centre’s daily activities. You will gain insight and experience in EU-China business related matters and get an opportunity to make your contribution to the EU business community in China. Specifically, you will be responsible for the following tasks:
· Regulatory and market research on different aspects of doing business in/with China, feeding into dedicated market reports and market access guidelines
· Supporting the EU SME Centre’s experts in providing advice and technical assistance to EU SMEs, by contacting directly key Chinese stakeholders such as customs authorities, business departments and other relevant bodies
· Contribution to the organisation of B2B events, by identifying and recruiting relevant Chinese importers/distributors to be matched with European exporters
· Supporting the team in other ad hoc tasks, including organisation of offline and online training sessions.
Skills & experience
· University student or recent graduate, basic knowledge of international trade issues
· Strong interest in EU-China trade and investment relations
· Meticulous attention to details, willing to dig into core problems to find answers, not stopping after the first obstacle
· Native Chinese and fluent English
· Proactive, professional, reliable, and fairly independent.
How to apply
• Both part-time and full-time are accepted
• Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted
• A basic allowance will be provided
Interested candidates are encouraged to send an email with a one-page CV (in English) to the Business Advisor Alessio Petino.