Job ID 45142
- Offered Salary 0
- Career Level Entry level
- Experience 3 Years
- Gender All
- Qualifications Bachelor Degree
- Language Requirement EnglishChinese (mandarin)
- Region Asia Pacific
- Remote No
- Relocation No
As a DevOps engineer, you are responsible for the IAAS level central infrastructure services(e.g., DNS/LDAP/Proxy/Mail/Chef/OASIS/Repository, etc.)/Guest OS hardening running within all landscapes and platforms. You need to co-work with network team, monitoring team, application team and other related stakeholders to be responsible for to complete services deployment, change management, incident management and problem management activities within infrastructure. You are responsible of meeting SLAs targets with our clients vertically (compute-> storage-> network), driving implementation, quality improvement, automation, and optimization of the IAAS processes and execution. You should be able to work across functional silos (network, backup, compute, storage) and other organization units (architecture, design, and engineering) to drive values to Cloud LoB’s and external customers. You must be able to discuss, negotiate and come up the best solutions for the interest of SAP.
• Linux OS administration, SUSE knowhow is plus.
• Knowhow of Automation experience with at least one configuration/deployment management system such as Terraform, Chef, Ansible or other similar tools
• Experience on scripting in at least one language such as ruby/python/perl/shell
• IT hardware/infrastructure understanding and experience in OS, Compute, Network, Storage, Backup
• Knowhow of Cloud Platform e.g., OpenStack, AWS, etc.
• Experience working in an Agile, fast-paced, DevOps environment
• Excellent communication (fluent in English)
• Strong orientation towards results
• Participate in the 7X24 on-call duty rotation with global team
• Degree in computer science or equivalent
• 3+ years of diverse working experience in IT infrastructure as Linux system administrator and/or DevOps/SRE engineer
• 3+ years of experience in working on a Linux/Unix environment, working at the CLI
• 3+ years of experience in software development/scripting in Ruby, Python, Perl, or Shell
• 3+ years of diverse working experience in IT infrastructure, co-working with Network/Storage/Backup team to do joint trouble shooting, deeply participating in incident/problem/change management processes
• 3+ IT security operations (security scans, audits) would be a plus.