Offered Salary 0
Career Level Associate
Experience Less Than 1 Year
Qualifications Bachelor Degree
Language Requirement EnglishChinese (mandarin)
2022 Corporate & Investment Bank- Research & Analytics Analyst Program – Summer Analyst (Shanghai)
JPMorgan initially set up the Centralized Research Group (CRG) in Mumbai in August 2002 to provide research and analytical support to its Global Investment Bank, supporting bankers with customized intelligence on targeted companies, sectors and markets, analyzing potential business opportunities and preparing client marketing materials. Starting off with a team of 10, CRG today has a team of over 250 people with its research coverage expanding to JPM IB locations across the world. In 2004, CRG Shanghai was set up to add to the successful roll-out of the Mumbai CRG team and provide multi-lingual research support (mainly Chinese apart from working closely with Mumbai on English language research projects). At the moment, this 40+ member team provides research services in English and Chinese to various teams in JPMorgan CIB.
At CRG, you will be closely integrated with Asia coverage banker teams. In-depth industry and capital market knowledge, financial analysis along with excellent communication and presentation skills will be the key skills to support Investment Bankers. CRG team members come from diverse educational backgrounds with strong academic performance and relevant work experience.
What We Offer
- Increase your understanding of specific companies, industries, markets and products while supporting our businesses in banking, markets, research, data analytics and product teams. Over the years, you’ll build a range of skills and work across the firm’s businesses with a global team.
- Our summer internship program is a pipeline for future graduate opportunities. Based on individual achievements, those who successfully complete the program may receive offers of full-time employment with the firm in 2023.
You’ll work with the different businesses within Corporate and Investment Bank. You’ll help analyze trends in the financial markets, build valuation models, evaluate different companies’ financing and risk management practices, dive into different wholesale banking products, provide cutting-edge data analytics to optimize business decisions and develop end-to-end client-ready materials.
Expert professionals will train new joiners on relevant technical skills required for the job. Take advantage of many training initiatives organized by the firm to enhance technical skills, soft skills and personal well-being.
You may rotate within the regional/global onshore teams within the first few years. Subsequent career opportunities may include moving to different businesses and different locations around the globe.
You’ll have access to career mobility and career development platforms which will enable you to take advantage of the global network as well as develop relevant industry skills.
What We Are Looking For
We’re looking for highly motivated team players to be the future leaders of our business.
- Intellectually inquisitive and highly motivated self-starter with problem solving mindset
- Working knowledge of finance and accounting
- Analytical aptitude and ability to learn new concepts
- Good language skills (Chinese and English) are essential
- Close attention to details and ability to work to very high standards
- Capacity to work under pressure and tight deadlines
- Pursuing a Bachelor / Master degree qualification with solid academic background and an expected graduation between September 2022 and July 2023
At J.P. Morgan, we’re creating positive change for the diverse communities we serve. We do this by championing your innovative ideas through a supportive culture that helps you every step of the way as you build your career. If you’re passionate, curious and ready to make an impact, we’re looking for you.
We will review applications as they are received and extend offers on a rolling basis. We strongly encourage that you apply early since programs will close as positions are filled.
J.P. Morgan is a marketing name for JPMorgan Chase & Co., and its subsidiaries worldwide. ©2018 JPMorgan Chase & Co. All rights reserved. J.P. Morgan is an equal opportunities employer.